Saturday 8 November 2014

How I started

Last year  I started making cards for friends, firstly I had painted a small picture in a card aperture and wrote a sentiment, then I started purchasing or downloading pictures that I thought would look nice, I hadn't the foggiest notion about card making,  By chance a new Craft shop advertised it's opening and it was not far from me, I went along and was quite amazed by the amount and variety of stuff for card making, However, the best part was meeting a lady and as we got chatting she told me she had been making cards for years and very kindly invited me to her house. Well I just could not get over the commercial interest in this hobby. She helped me out with many ideas and pointed me in the direction of how, what and where to shop, I , at her urging, went to Emerald Crafts at Lyndhurst, It is an Aladdin's cave and I must admit I  lightened my purse of a few pennies.
I've mad a few silly purchases, but you [hopefully] learn by your mistakes. Here are some of my first cards, they are hand painted
2013-03-14 001 2013-03-14 002 2013-03-14 003 2013-03-14 004 2013-03-14 005

Since starting this blog I have made a good few dozen cards, and changed the format getting into dies, stamping embossing etc, I'll post a few just to let you judge if you think they are an improvement














2 comments:

  1. Here's a test comment. See:

    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/blogger/w9y71O7iElQ

    ReplyDelete